Atlanta Children’s Shelter
For this show we have decided to give to the Atlanta Children’s Shelter. I thought it was fitting since we don’t want any “lost boys or girls” here in Atlanta or anywhere else . This organization is a great service to the Atlanta community.
Their loving, professional child care workers, social workers and volunteers believe in the vulnerability of the child and the hope for their future.
They provide comfort, safety, love, reassurance… and a hug when needed. They also provide the more tangible life threads:
- Offer employment counseling, job development and other job assistance services,
- Offer ongoing case management and family counseling,
- Offer housing assistance through Aftercare Program,
- Daily nutritional meals and snacks, served piping hot with a smile,
- Biweekly, on-site well-child checks, plus immunizations and referrals for primary health care,
- Cultural and enrichment activities, including weekly field trips to Fernback, the Atlanta Zoo and other fun places children love and thrive on, and
- Educational opportunities that are customized to the particular needs of homeless children.
“Ours is a safe haven, completely free of charge, for as long as a child needs us!”